Hello Alumnae Members!
As you are surely aware, recruitment is once again upon us. The collegiate chapter has been preparing throughout the summer months for this upcoming event and meeting new potential sisters! The collegiates would love to have alumnae help out during this busy time of year. If anyone is willing to to assist the chapter during recruitment that would be great! They are looking for alumane to help with each round, organizing the voting, ballots and additional assistance that is required for that round. Even if you could assist for part of a round that would be very helpful!
Please see recruitment schedule below:
ROUND 1A/B Thursday September 15 and Friday September 16, 2011 from 4:00 pm – 7:30 pm
ROUND 2A/B Sunday September 18 from 12:00pm – 5:00pm and Monday September 19, 2011 from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
ROUND 3 (Preference) Tuesday September 20, 2011 from 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
If you are interested in volunteering your time please contact: mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:email@example.com
In addition to your time the collegiates would love any sort of donation or loaned items towards PSR (Partially Structured Recruitment). Items they are in need of:
– fruit platters
– donation of funds to rent a helium tank
– decorations for each themed round
– Costume items to do with Masquerade theme – boas, masks, gloves, costume jewellery
– Candy Themed items
– Garden Party decorations
– monetary donations are always welcome!
Please contact mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org (chapter recruitment officer) or mail to:email@example.com for more information on donations!
Thank-you all for you time and efforts! We couldn’t do it without the support of you!
Come to the Toronto Area Alumnae Panhellenic (TAAP) Item Donation Day! TAAP will be collecting items to donate to assorted local charities in the Greater Toronto Area.
Stop by the Alpha Omicron Pi Chapter house, 24 Madison Avenue, Saturday March 27th from 1 – 3 pm, to drop off your goods, meet other TAAP members, and have refreshments!
The Beta Tau house is easily accessible from the Spadina TTC stop
TAAP will be collecting the following items:
1. New to IDD!!! – We’re collecting new and gently used books for St. Raymond Elementary school which is senior kindergarten to grade eight. Over the holidays the school experienced a flood in their library and lost a great portion of their books.
2. Clothing and accessories — Clean out your closet! TAAP will be collecting clothing to donate to Sistering, a women’s agency serving homeless, marginalized and low-income women in Toronto. Their programs and services help women gain greater control over their life circumstances. Their advocacy focuses on changing the social conditions that put women at risk. Their service philosophy is to ensure that women’s dignity is not eroded by poverty and homelessness.
-Lined paper, pens and pencils
-Laundry soap, dish soap, hand soaps
-New hygiene products – Shampoo and conditioner, lotion, deodorant, tampons, sanitary napkins, bath soap
-Gently used women’s pants, tops, skirts, coats
-Boots and shoes, especially running shoes in sizes 8-10
-Teapots, kettles, cups, coffee pots, plates, dishes, glasses, pots, napkins, cutlery
-Knitting needles, wool, craft supplies
-Sheets, pillows, blankets, towels
-Foil and cellophane kitchen wrap, plastic containers
3. Labels for Education — TAAP will also be collecting labels from affiliated Campbell’s products (including Campbell’s soup labels, Pepperidge Farm Goldfish labels, V8 labels, and Prego tomato sauce labels) to donate to a Toronto school in need of educational materials.
We look forward to seeing as many women as possible and collecting as many goods as possible to donate!
Babes in arm welcome
Here’s a list of all of the eligible products for Labels for Education! There’s even an easy printable version that you can hang on your fridge. The labels will be donated to Parkdale P.S.
When: March 5th 11 AM to 5 PM
Where: Medical Sciences Building – 1 King’s College Circle (Main Campus at St. George)
Designer jeans at 50% off retail prices at boutique stores! They are 100% guaranteed authentic, made in USA and will be delivered right downtown Toronto to U of T campus for the sale:
SEVEN FOR ALL MANKIND, CITIZENS, J BRAND, JOE’S, RED ENGINE, and many more!
T Shirts from Anthropologie!
Cash, Visa, and Mastercard all accepted. Sorry, no debit.
Mirrors and change rooms will be available!
YES, there will be MEN’S jeans too!
Proceeds will support education for women. A Way Out is a locally founded charity that provides clothing and skills training for women in Namibia so that they can support themselves and their children (and not have to sell themselves which increases their chances of being infected with HIV).
This event is being sponsored by the Toronto Area Alumnae Panhellenic and Sororities at UofT.
TAAP is hosting a social event on February 8th:
Please let Janal know when you RSVP if you will want the tickets early or if you’ll pick them up on the day of the game.