5. Since the early 1970s, Tri Delta’s chosen philanthropy has been Children’s Cancer Charities. The Terry Fox Run allows us to support this cause in a Canadian context.
4. The Terry Fox Run is open to everyone! It is one of the only charitable runs that requires no entry fee or minimum donation amount. Also, participants can choose from different sites and distances, and many of the locations are wheelchair accessible.
3. Last year, our fundraising goal was $500, and we almost doubled it! Please help us to surpass $1000 this year.
2. For the 35th anniversary of the Marathon of Hope, The Terry Fox Foundation is attempting to raise $1 per Canadian or roughly $35 million. We can help make that goal a reality!
1. Supporting our team is easy!
Sign up online to participate with your Tri Delta sisters at the Mooredale location (Rosedale Station). As a group, we will be walking 5 km, but you’re free to walk, run, cycle or rollerblade 2.5, 5 or 10 km. Family and friends are welcome.
If Mooredale isn’t convenient for you, you can still join our team, completing the run at another location. In 2014, four of our members chose to complete the 10 km run at High Park.
And if you’re unable to participate, you can still sponsor our team or a particular team member. To join or to donate, check out http://www.terryfox.ca/torontotridelta for details!