…to an informal Tri Delta Alumnae Recruitment Event!
Please join us for sisterhood, an appetizer and dessert potluck, and an outreach activity.
Date: Thursday, September 10th, starting at 7:00 pm.
Location: 3130 Yonge Street, Suite 301
RSVP by Tuesday, September 8 in the comment section below and please indicate if you are able to bring an appetizer or dessert.
(Directions: The buzzer is under the name “Medri.” There are 12 visitor parking spots on Lorindale Avenue, which has access to the building. There is also a Green P Parking behind the Metro plaza next to the building. If travelling by subway, the location is just north of Lawrence on Yonge, about a 2 minute walk from Lawrence Station.)
If you need further directions please contact Krystal Mercer email@example.com
5. Since the early 1970s, Tri Delta’s chosen philanthropy has been Children’s Cancer Charities. The Terry Fox Run allows us to support this cause in a Canadian context.
4. The Terry Fox Run is open to everyone! It is one of the only charitable runs that requires no entry fee or minimum donation amount. Also, participants can choose from different sites and distances, and many of the locations are wheelchair accessible.
3. Last year, our fundraising goal was $500, and we almost doubled it! Please help us to surpass $1000 this year.
2. For the 35th anniversary of the Marathon of Hope, The Terry Fox Foundation is attempting to raise $1 per Canadian or roughly $35 million. We can help make that goal a reality!
1. Supporting our team is easy!
Sign up online to participate with your Tri Delta sisters at the Mooredale location (Rosedale Station). As a group, we will be walking 5 km, but you’re free to walk, run, cycle or rollerblade 2.5, 5 or 10 km. Family and friends are welcome.
If Mooredale isn’t convenient for you, you can still join our team, completing the run at another location. In 2014, four of our members chose to complete the 10 km run at High Park.
And if you’re unable to participate, you can still sponsor our team or a particular team member. To join or to donate, check out http://www.terryfox.ca/torontotridelta for details!
Our chapter is already so excited for the 2015 Fall Recruitment! Last year, we initiated 12 new members in the fall, making our chapter just one member short of the campus total. The girls we initiated this year have been an incredible addition to our sorority, and we hope to achieve the same results this year!
This year’s recruitment begins on Friday, September 18, and ends Sunday, September 20. Our sisters have been working hard during the preparation workshops, brainstorming both ideas for decoration and the recruitment video. With this being said, like everything we do, our efforts are not as optimal without the help of our alumnae.
We would love and appreciate your help for this year’s upcoming recruitment. You have all been so generous and helpful in previous years by donating food, decorations, and of course your time. If you are able to donate or lend any of the following items, we would greatly appreciate it:
- Helium tank for balloons
- Large (3m in length) fabric suitable for painting a banner
- Costco/Metro gift cards
- Fresh flowers would be a lovely addition – seeing as our Round 1 theme is tropical paradise
- Pink Flamingo statues
- Camp themed decorations (Xmas trees, lanterns, rope, etc)
- Black, White and Blush Pink (light) decorations
- Black/White tablecloths
- Scrapbooking paper (pinks, orange, yellow, white)
- Floral tablecloths
- Mason jars
If you are interested in helping out at the house during rounds, please let myself or our Alumnae Advisors know. Or, if you wish to donate or loan us decorations please contact myself at firstname.lastname@example.org or Melanie Blundell at email@example.com
Delta Love and Mine,