“I want every little girl who’s been told she’s bossy to be told again she has leadership skills.”
– Sheryl Sandberg, COO, Facebook
Calling all “bossy” alumnae! I’m your Nom Com Mom! That means I’m the chair of the 2018-2020 Nominating Committee of the Toronto Alumnae Chapter.
All joking aside, the role of the Nominating Committee is an important one. We slate the President, Vice President, Treasurer & Secretary for the next biennium.
The slate of officers will be presented at our Annual General Meeting on Sunday, February 11th and all dues-paying members of the Toronto Alumnae Chapter are eligible to vote.
While committee chairs are appointed, not elected, your Nom Com is happy to accept nominations for these keys roles as well, so we can make recommendations to the incoming Executive Committee.
Here’s the list of Executive Committee chair appointments in alphabetical order: Adopt-A-New Member Program, Alumnae-Collegiate Relations, Database, Dorothy Cody Award, Golden Circle, Historian, Membership, Newsletter Editor, Panhellenic, Philanthropy, Social Events, Social Media & Gin Systems, Young Alumnae and Webmaster.
What do we need from you?
- If you haven’t already done so, please pay your alumnae chapter dues, so that you are eligible to nominate a sister, self-nominate and vote.
- The Committee is accepting nominations by email and by phone until Friday, February 2nd. My contact information is listed at the bottom of this page.
- For each of your nominees, kindly explain why you believe she is the ideal candidate.
- All nominees will be asked to fill out our Leadership Profile. Please click Leadership Profile 2018 to view and download it.
Thank you for taking the time to participate in the shaping of our chapter leadership for the next biennium. We look forward to receiving your nominations and your completed Leadership Profiles.
Your 2018-2020 Nominating Committee
Carly Klassen (Chair): firstname.lastname@example.org/416.300.4184
Melanie Blundell: email@example.com/416.453.5337
Betty-Faye LeRiche: firstname.lastname@example.org/905.732.6262